Hiring the Right Food & Beverage Broker
A successful food and beverage broker represents and assists you in providing distribution of your products within their network of customers. A food broker is an integral part of driving everyday business growth with consistent new product launch strategies.
How to Find the Right Food & Beverage Broker?
Questions to think about…
- What are you searching for in a food broker?
- What value will they bring to your business?
- What are the fees and/or commission rate you can pay?
- What customer and territories will they cover?
- Are they aware of the competitive landscape?
Prepare Your Sales Pitch
Before you start contacting food brokers, prepare an initial sales presentation highlighting the history of your business. Be sure to outline the core line of products you wish to sell, retail price landscape, targeted customers and who you are selling to currently. Sales presentations, samples and a price sheet with the broker’s commission structure factored in should be included.
Questions to Ask a Food & Beverage Broker
- What are some other lines you carry?
- What services are you able to offer?
- What retailers do you work with?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Can you provide success stories?
- What is your commission?
- Do you have any references?
- Is there a contact available for review?
G&J Brokerage, Consulting & Investing
Whether your focus is in Specialty Foods, Beverages, Confections or other Non-Food related categories we at G&J can assist!